Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Three feet of colon and a whole lot of happiness.

You know your first trial is off to a great start when a can of diet coke explodes in your purse during the trial readiness conference… in front of a judge who’s already yelling at you. Maybe it was the pressure that made it explode. Other than the sogginess of my purse, it was a good time.

So, of course I’ve been super busy. I don’t sleep very much, and don’t get home before Brad’s in bed. So it’s nice when I do get home, soggy purse and all, when Brad’s still awake.

Unfortunately our conversations go like this:

Brad: Yeah, we had to ream out the hip, and drill out the femur head. And when you’re doing this, you’re basically wearing a space suit.

And there’s blood everywhere….everywhere! Blood and bone…it gets all over you. Hopefully you’ll never have to have a joint replacement surgery. It’s pretty messy.

Oh…and we pulled out three feet of colon today on a guy. Three feet… and it still wasn’t enough. There’s no pleasing some people.

Me: I cried in my office again today. But then I felt better. But then my soda blew up in my purse at court. Good thing the Bailiff isn’t the nervous, trigger happy type.

Ahhh…good times.

No comments: